Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Meatloaf Meatballs

Hey friends!  We're back from Spring Break in Wisconsin and I have lots to catch you up on once I get my laundry done, groceries restocked and house put back together.  Let's start with a delicious recipe for Meatloaf Meatballs.  One of my kids has been requesting homemade meatloaf and I finally made it happen.  Everyone was skeptical, but we all enjoyed this recipe so much.  It was the ultimate comfort food hug.

I looked up a few recipes on Pinterest and ended up making up my own.  Story of my life.

The recipe I saw called for a bake time of 2 hours and I did not have time for that kind of baking.  I went the meatball route to save baking time and they turned out so yummy.  They were easy to serve, easy to reheat and the kids said they would love to have them again.


Ingredients:
2lbs ground beef
1/2 cup milk
1/2 c ketchup
1 egg
1/3 onion diced really small
1 sleeve crushed Ritz crackers
1 t salt
1 t pepper
1 t your favorite seasoning (Kinder Everyday Seasoning Salt)
1/2 t garlic
2 t Worcestershire 

Ketchup Sauce ingredients:
3/4 c ketchup
1/4 c brown sugar
2 T Worcestershire

Directions:
Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined.  I had to use my hands to mix it all really well.  Gross, but necessary :)  Then grab a scoop and scoop out even sized meatballs into a greased 9x13 pan.  Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.  About half way through remove the pan from the oven and drain off any liquid.  Return the pan to the oven and keep baking until they are to your desired doneness.  While the meatballs are cooking, stire up the ketchup sauce ingredients.  About 25 minutes into baking, add a dollop of sauce onto each meatball and finish baking that way.

Serve with mashed potatoes, green beans and onions, homemade bread and jello.  

I was skeptical that we would enjoy meatloaf, but I can confidently say that we loved these meatloaf meatballs.  I could not wait to enjoy them as leftovers for lunch.  They'd be perfect to make and share with family or friends in need.

I hope you enjoy these Meatloaf Meatballs as much as we did!!



1 comment:

  1. Welcome back, friend! These indeed look sooo good 🤤

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.