Friday, February 9, 2024

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, friends!  I hope you have a had a nice week.  We had some fun things happening and I wasn't needed for jury duty yesterday!  Hooray!  I am still a little in denial that I registered Leo for Pre-K this Fall.  It came up fast (I thought I had a few more weeks to decide).  I messaged a few friends to get recommendations, read preschool websites to check out program options and made the best decision for Leo.  He's so excited to go to school.  It was a good week!

Did you catch my blog posts this week?

Is It Time to Declutter Your Home?

Dutch Baby Pancakes

Kitchen Helper and Other Jobs Toddlers Would Love


Now onto my favorite moments of the week:

1. I have the perfect dress for you for Spring!  Or maybe an Easter dress??  This Amazon dress is my current favorite.  It's so easy to wear from Fall through Spring.  I add a jean jacket when it's cold and wear it by itself as the weather has been warming up.  It comes in so many pretty colors.  I own it in this pretty purple and would love to have it in pink/green and blue/white.  I get a lot of compliments on it when I wear it and it doesn't wrinkle.  It really is the easiest dress to wear.

Miduo purple dress link

Miduo pink and green dress link

Miduo blue and white dress link


2. Heart-y Food!  I love making holiday themed food.  I love to add some hearts into my baking and meals this time of year.  I made heart shaped banana muffins in a heart pan my mom gave me.  Berry salad where the strawberries looked like hearts and heart waffles.  My crew loved all of it!




3. District Choir - Olive got to participate in a big district choir even this week and she loved it.



4. We love to sit around the fire pit.  Kevin sent me this picture of him and the boys enjoying our backyard.  The backyard is their favorite.

5. Sams Reynolds Cake Tins - I grabbed a pack of 12 of these cake tins with lids at Sams and they have been so handy!  They're just under $12, much sturdier than the Walmart or Dollar Tree versions and I have decided that this is something I'll always keep in my pantry.  They worked perfectly when I delivered a friend dinner this week!  Delivering meals to friends is my favorite.


6. This kitty transporter always makes me smile.  The cats may not appreciate the lift, but it's adorable.

7. Favorite school lunches for the week.  The kids enjoyed peanut butter and apples, Keebler Grasshopper cookies (AKA Keebler Thin Mints), Bold chex mix and Cheddar chex mix and their favorite half sandwiches.  I try to make their school lunches as colorful and yummy as possible for a big HUG FROM HOME in the middle of their school days.


8. Treadmill time.  I got out of a good exercise routine in January.  I blame sickness, freezing cold weather and blah.  February is my month.  I've been on an every day date routine with my treadmill and it feels great.  Do you find yourself working out extra hard on hair washing days!?  I always make sure that happens!

9. It's good to be Leo.  We say that phrase a lot.  I came downstairs from exercising and found him lounging in the recliner watching his favorite show.  He's such a funny guy.

10. The weather was pretty perfect all week long in Indiana.  We played outside a ton!  The boys counted deer in the field.  Penny loves some good patio time.  And Fletcher's favorite thing in the world is going on bike rides.  We snuck out for several rides around the neighborhood this week.



Olive is a kite flying master and was a good teacher to try to help the boys fly kites.  They've all requested new kites for Spring.


11. Bowling & Laser Tag - Olive got to celebrate one of her best friend's birthday doing some really fun stuff.  They had a great time together and she had the best time shopping for the perfect gift for her best friend.



12. Busy baking cookies is my favorite job.  I made birthday cookies, Bible study cookies and friend cookies.  And I have some fun baking orders this weekend for the Super Bowl and for Valentine's Day!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your favorite people!  See you back here on Monday.

Linking up with Momfessionals and Prime Purchases with Tanya

3 comments:

  1. Olive is such a cutie! She’s looking so grown all of a sudden! Glad you had such a happy week! Your cookie looks amazing! Enjoy the Super Bowl! We’re cheering for neither but are looking forward to good food hahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just about to comment that Olive is looking so grown up, and saw Kristen's comment above mine! The cookies look delicious. The pink and green dress is on my wish list for later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how big the kids look! I love that you deliver food to friends! I need to do that more!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.