Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Super Simple Puppy Chow

Happy Tuesday!  I hope you had a great weekend!  We loved having three days off together.

I have the easiest recipe for you today.  You just need 6 ingredients, a big bowl and a gallon size ziploc bag to make this yummy Puppy Chow.  It's the yummiest peanut butter + chocolate cereal snack mix.  I've always enjoyed this treat, but I think this is the first time I've ever made it for my family.  The kids loved it.  We had it for Valentine's Day and I think it would be delicious at any gathering.

Ingredients:

1 cup Tollhouse Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips

1/2 cup JIF Creamy Peanut Butter

4T Butter

1 t vanilla

6 cups General Mills Rice Chex cereal

2 cups Powdered Sugar


Directions:
Melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in the microwave and stir until well combined.  Add in the vanilla and stir until it is mixed in.  Pour the chocolate mixture over 6 cups of rice chex in a large bowl.  Stir until the cereal is well coated.  Dump the chocolate coated cereal into a gallon size ziploc bag carefully.  It works best if one person can hold the bag open while another person scoops the cereal into the bag.  Dump one cups of powdered sugar into the bag and mix until coated.  Add in the second up of powdered sugar and mix around until all the cereal is coated.  Store in an airtight container.


My kids loved this and it would be an easy recipe to make with your kids.





The kids loved having Puppy Chow in their school lunches!

You've got to try this super simple Puppy Chow!

2 comments:

  1. We are obsessed with puppy chow! We were at Aldi yesterday and Marshall actually asking me to get the ingredients to make it. I was not fun no. Ha! I made a bunch over Christmas time and it was so interesting to take it to different parties- because a lot of people had never had it!! Do you think puppy chow is a midwestern thing??

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all LOVE puppy chow. It's kind of dangerous to have it around. :) Just saw Justine's comment. It is common down here in Texas.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.