Friday, January 1, 2021

Top 9 of 2020

Happy New Year!

I look forward to finding out my Top 9 posts of the year from Instagram every year.  It's usually a great way to capture all the highlights of the year.  Do you find out your Top 9?  I also get sucked into paying $0.99 for a clean picture - anyone else!?!

It was no surprise to me that Leo dominated our Top 9. 

He was the best thing to happen to our family last year in a year full of chaos, uncertainty and hard times.


1 // Leo's social media debut

I love it because I snapped this picture of him in the hospital.  We had to cancel all newborn photography sessions for him thanks to COVID so the pictures I took of him are extra special to me.  I came prepared and took newborn pictures.


2 // Olive and Fletcher meet Leo

These two were SO excited to meet their baby brother.  I cried tears about no visitors being allowed at the hospital when we had Leo.  My alternative of Facetime was fine, but I was really sick after delivery.  Plus, meeting a baby on the phone is not the same as snuggling a baby in real life.  This moment when the three met was just perfect!  They wore their big sis and big bro bracelets from the hospital.  They also promptly removed his hat and outfit to check out our tiny little baby.

 

3 // Leo got the all clear to come home!

We bundled him up in all the cute prints and couldn't wait to bring him home.


4 // One last picture as a family of 4

I cried saying goodbye to the big kids.  I was extra emotional because I was having a major surgery this time around for a Csection, I was starving haha and we never leave the kids.  I am a full time mom 24/7.  Thank heavens Mimi could come and stay for a while.


5 // Leo's 1st Easter

We were so happy to be home to celebrate Easter.  All of our usual traditions were cancelled, but we managed to make the most of our first Easter together.


6 // Leo's 1st Well Check

We loaded up, squeezed into real clothes (me) and headed to see our pediatrician.  We also wore masks.  We barely left the house at this point so it felt really weird to be taking our brand new baby out and about.  He got a great report from the doctor.


7 // My dad retired

Papaw is our favorite policeman and he decided 2020 was the year he was going to retire for good.  He decided he was done and seems to be busier than ever now that he's retired.


8 // Pregnant Whitney

It's no secret that Leo was the sweetest surprise for our family!  After years of struggling to get pregnant so much joy came along with this surprise pregnancy.  I love being pregnant.  I love dressing a bump and this picture captures that perfectly.  My health was better than ever this pregnancy.  I enjoyed almost every minute of it and couldn't be more thankful to have my last pregnancy go this way.


9 // One last day with just 2 kids

We went on a walk and just tried to take it easy the day before Leo was born.  The big kids were excited, picked me flowers and there was a buzz in the air.  Long gone were the worried feelings I'd had when I was pregnant before and adding a new baby to the family.  I was confident that a new baby would mean lots of new blessings for our family.


How did your Top 9 turn out?  Was it an accurate picture of your year?  

Mine definitely showcased our highlights, lots of family time and sweet snuggly moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.