Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Million Thanks

My Dad had one heck-of-a trip flying out to Utah (picture this: delays, missing connecting flight, overnight stay in an unexpected city, losing luggage, etc.).  When he finally arrived in Salt Lake we were all a bit frazzled and had mountains of work to do.  We loaded up my classroom, and by we I mean my dad and Kevin, because I wasn't cleared to lift heavy things since I'd just had a baby.  Loaded up our apartment and Kevin's office, cleaned and tried to plan out our 21 hour drive to Arkansas.  There was so much work to be done that it's really a miracle we were able to do it and get on the road the day we'd planned.  We were all exhausted and the 104+ degree temps only added to our fatigue factor.  We packed all day for 2 days and then got on the road.  We broke up our drive to be Salt Lake to Cheyenne, Cheyenne to Wichita, Wichita to Little Rock and just hoped that the baby and cats were up for 3 hard days of driving.

 One classroom down... how did I accumulate so much stuff?!?!

 Papaw didn't sit down but much Olive was excited when he did take a break 
because she got in some good snuggle time.

 Truck loaded, car carrier attached, time to hit the road.
PS Ginormous trucks make for slow travels in the mountains.

 We stopped frequently to refuel, change diapers and to clear the swarm of bugs off of our windshields.

 There's no doubt in my mind that we could not have moved to Arkansas without my Dad's help.  I should also mention that he moved us from Indiana to Utah 9 years ago so we were really thankful that he wanted to do it again.  I think he was excited to be moving us closer to home (Indiana) this time around and he's just a GREAT Dad who is willing to do tough jobs for his little girl.  Utah is 25 driving hours from home and Little Rock is about 7 so he's happy we're moving in the right direction.  THANK YOU DAD!!  He drove the giant 26ft Penske truck + towed one car so I didn't have to drive.  He'd never driven such a big truck and he did great!  The whole trip was pretty uneventful with only a few hiccups.  We had a good time and thankful that we had such a safe trip.  We saw mountains, bison, roadkill armadillos, wind farms and just really enjoyed driving across the country.  It was a little stressful but we all survived and are no worse for the wear.

Hopefully we'll wrap up this moving business in the near future 
and/or we can hire movers for the next move.  Thanks a million.  Love you, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.