Wednesday, November 25, 2020

We are Thankful for... Charcuterie!

I knew I'd be cooking more later in the week so I opted for an easy dinner last night - a Thanksgiving Charcuterie Board!  This is such an easy dinner for me to make.  No pots and pans to clean, minimal dishes, a great way to finish up little bits of everything and it just requires some chopping that I don't mind one bit.

Hello, Thanksgiving Turkey Charcuterie Board.

I'm guessing we'll be having this again before Thanksgiving break is over.  It's a family favorite.

I did salty snacks in rows for the feathers, carrot and cucumber sticks, super thin cut apples for feathers, thin slices of cheese, sweet pepper body, pistachios for a head and I served a loaf of homemade bread on the side.  Everyone knew it was a turkey without me having to tell them so I'm calling it a great turkey success :)


And in honor of Thanksgiving, I interviewed everyone to find out 3 things they're thankful for this year.

Olive // Age 7

1. I'm thankful for my family.

2.  I'm thankful my teacher and my school.

3. I'm VERY thankful for our girl kittens.  I love them too much!


Fletcher // Age 4

1. I'm so "thankyful" for Mommy & Daddy.

2.  And our whole family including the kittens.

3.  I'm "thankyfull" for my toys.


Leo // Age 7 months (what we'd assume he'd say :)

1.  I'm so thankful I can finally crawl.

2. I'm thankful for Mama.

3. I'm thankful these people are sharing their people food with me.


Whitney //

1.  I'm thankful for our cozy home.

2. I am thankful all the family time we've had this year.

3. I'm thankful for my health.


Kevin //

1. You!  (Can I say you for all three?? :)

2. Our kids.

3. Our neighborhood.


I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with the people you love.  I know COVID likely changed some of your plans, but I hope you can find a way to celebrate and stay positive.  Hugs to you!  

I'm going to enjoy a Thanksgiving Break and will see you back here on Monday. 

2 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! You outdo yourself with every board! Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for your blog! You have a way of being joyful, positive and inspiring without being commercialized. You mix the best of old school blogging and modern.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.