Friday, November 6, 2020

Friday Faves

Wow, it's been a wild week.  We are eating way too much leftover Halloween candy.  The election news still up in the air.  Praying hard for our country and our future!  In spite of all the political chaos, we've tried to stay positive over here.  We are praying for our President and an honest election process this year and every year after.

The favorite parts of our week were (spoiler alert - lots of red, white and blue & kittens!)

1. USA

My husband and I early voted, talked to the kids about voting, Olive got to vote at school and we wore our red, white and blue.  I made a flag lunch for Fletcher on Election Day.  Cheering for team USA today and always! 

 


2. The weather!!

The weather has been SO NICE in Indiana this week.  We played out side as much as possible.  Our backyard is covered in leaves and the kids love it.


3. Turkey in Disguise

Fletcher had to come up with a disguise to save his turkey from becoming Thanksgiving dinner.  He decided to hide his turkey in a pile of candy wrappers.  It turned out so cute.


4. Baby kisses

Leo is learning to give baby kisses along with trying very hard to crawl.

5. Kittens!

We love these little girls so much.  They got a great report at the vet this week.  They are weighing in at a dainty 2.5lbs now and are tons of fun.  Their paws rarely touch the ground because they are being carried around like tiny princesses much of the day.  We love you, Penny & Pearl!







6. Christmas cards

This year I scheduled our family pictures, ordered Christmas cards and received them in October!!  I can't wait to share them with you and send them out December 1st.  I always order from Sams - can't beat their prices for ordering a TON of cards.  I'd recommend them as long as you can order early.  Last year I ordered at the end of Nov and barely got mine before Christmas.  How are your Christmas cards coming along??

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  I'm hoping to decorate for Thanksgiving.  Yes, Thanksgiving.  Not Christmas.  Only turkeys and pumpkins up at my house before Thanksgiving.

Linking up with Momfessionals

6 comments:

  1. Appreciate this happy post! I’m so discouraged this week 😭Praying hard constantly throughout the day. Have a great weekend! {{hug}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make my Christmas cards and I'm about 1/2 done (I typically make anywhere from 45-50 of them) but I'm closing in on them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be pretty late with Christmas cards this year since I want to take a picture after Grace gets home. That's ok though! I think those kittens are just what we all needed for the crazy year of 2020. They have added fun to your family, and also fun to your readers who get to see all the cute pictures. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea to hide the turkey in candy wrappers!! That kindergarten assignment turned my 8yo into a vegetarian back then. And her little sister followed her and since then I have 2 vegetarians on my hands.

    After seeing your two kittens, I'm trying to talk my husband into letting us get two puppies for Christmas. I'll be done with my cancer treatments my then and just want a few puppies to snuggle 😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your kittens might be the best thing on the internet this year! <3 They are so precious and fit your home and family perfectly! It's fun that Olive got to "participate" in voting at school. My Nana told me the story about the mock election they had in her 2nd grade class when FDR was running for an unprecedented 3rd term. Her family wasn't voting for him (unlike the rest of the class) and she never forgot that experience!
    I need to get to work on our Christmas card photo. Thanks for the reminder! :)
    Thanks for being a sweet, friendly light my friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leo in the bathtub!! I love it!! What a great idea to just fill it an inch...does he play on his own in it or too slippery?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.