Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Mother's Day Top 10

I hope you had a nice Mother's Day weekend connecting with those you love most. 

We made many more calls and Facetime calls than usual to connect with our favorite moms.  We rarely travel on Mother's Day because this weekend is graduation weekend for the university that Kevin works for.  As with all colleges right now, graduation festivities were moved online and our plans for the weekend changed.  We stuck close to home and enjoyed our first holiday as a family of 5. 

The weather was windy and freezing so our usual tradition of buying flowers for our flower pots and planting all of them had to be postponed.  Despite all the changes to tradition, we still had a wonderful weekend.

1. My #1 request was my usual - a picture with me and my kids!  I love this tradition.  I'm lucky to be their mom!  Leo is a little more alert every day. 


2. This holiday was really hard for Olive.  She was so sad and frustrated that she couldn't go shopping for me for Mother's Day.  She wanted to go to the store so badly.  It was the first time with all of these shelter in place recommendations that she really struggled.  She's been so good about being home for the last two months.  We haven't taken the kids anywhere other than car rides and to play outside.

She was in tears because she couldn't go shopping for me.  It was very sweet and kind of heart breaking at the same time.  So we came up with a game plan - write a very detailed list for Kevin to go to the store to pick up supplies for her.  She agreed that this was an okay plan B.  He helped her pull of lots of surprises for me.  It all worked out wonderfully, but it was a good reminder for me to be flexible and realize that the current COVID-19 events are hard on all of us in different ways.

Surprise #1 Yellow roses.  My favorite color and my favorite kids :)


 3. Surprise #2 My favorite dipper pizza from Pizza Hut

4. Surprise #3 Bonfire - I'd been wanting to burn down the pile for weeks and they added in a yummy treat.

Surprise #4 S'mores!

Cute big kids :)  They gathered all the sticks to keep the fire going.

5. Kevin made us some delicious s'mores.  I enjoy eating them, but don't really enjoy making them.

Leo fell asleep as we were working on the bonfire.  He stayed warm inside napping while we did some fun things with the big kids.


6. He woke up for a little bit so we bundled him up and headed to the bonfire.  He hated it!  He fussed the whole time so we went back inside.  Bonfires and babies aren't great combos :)

Lots of baby snuggles all weekend.

7. Kevin grilled us a delicious steak dinner on Mother's Day.  He's the best!

8. I made Derby Pie for dessert.

9. One tradition that Kevin kept going strong was stamping the kid's hand prints.  Although their hand prints have gotten so big that they no longer fit on my cards.  Sweet notes from everyone!

10. Olive wrapped up the weekend by losing her 2nd front tooth!  She's got the cutest toothless smile now.  Look at all those freckles!

 Lots of little moments together added up to a really sweet weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Leo is looking a lot like Fletcher in that first photo!! So many sweet surprises from your darling family. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special weekend! I love the bonfire and s'mores...maybe that will be a new tradition for Mother's Day? It looks chilly there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet Mother’s Day!! I love how Olive wanted to plan the perfect day for you - she’s definitely you’re mini me :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.