Monday, May 11, 2020

Leo's Newborn Pictures

Months ago I booked a photographer friend to come to the hospital for a Fresh 48 session as well as a lifestyle newborn session at our house.  I was really looking forward to it and then all of the COVID-19 madness played out.  All photography was put on hold and it left me feeling so sad.  Newborn pictures are super important to me!  Babies change so fast and those tiny days are just precious.

Instead of sulking, I got busy making plans to shoot my own newborn pictures of Leo.

I was determined to capture his tiny days and do it well. 

I ordered a few neutral baby items, some signature baby items like the lion hat and used lots of household props to make these pictures happen.  I also incorporated some sentimental things - hat from my sister, blanket from a sweet Great Grandma and a fruit quilt from another Great Grandma. 

I'm REALLY happy with how his pictures turned out.  I feel like I captured newborn Leo well.  I would have loved some sibling pictures or some family pictures, but those will have to wait a bit until we can book a photographer for a family shoot.

I took these pictures over his first few weeks vs one big session.  It's hard for me to settle on a favorite picture.  Tell me your favorite Leo picture in the comments!





























Sweet Leo!  I'm so thankful for this little guy.

8 comments:

  1. You did a great job! I think the one with the yawn is my favorite - but they are all so precious. He is too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you caught a smile in one! ❤️Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could you choose a fave??? I started trying to keep track of my favorites but then lost count! Definitely love numbers four, five, and nine, but again, started losing count at all the cute ones. You did a fantastic job! And he is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How my goodness! He is just too PRECIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did such a great job! They look like a pro took them! My fave is the little yawn, as well as the sweet smile in the greenish blanket. But how can I pick just one? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did so great, friend! These pictures are adorable. My favorite is the yawning picture. Sleepy baby pics are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great! I love the lion ones! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.