Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Olive (Age 6) // Fletcher (Age 4)

It's time for a fun kid catch up post today.  I love documenting the cute things they say, do and if I don't write them down I'll never remember them.  I have not been good about scrapbooking or printing photo albums for the kids, but I have done a great job of documenting their lives on the blog.  One day I'll print out the posts for each of them.  Until then, here's a blog post update for both kids.

I'm also including a big sis/big bro letter for each kid since today is the day!  It's going to be Leo's birthday in a few hours.  I distinctly remember when we were expecting Fletcher that I was so nervous about having enough love and time and attention to share with two kids.  This time feels very different.  I have not worried about that one bit with adding baby #3 to the mix.  I know without a shadow of a doubt that love multiplies and there's always room for one more.  We are all thrilled to be adding a baby to the family and I have a feeling there will be fighting over who gets to snuggle baby.  He's a lucky, loved little guy already.



Olive // Age 6

Dear Olive,
I can't wait to see you become a big sister times two!  You are already a great big sister so I know you're going to excel with two little brothers.  You are such a great helper and friend to Fletcher.  You are eager to do big kid things, quickly came up with a list of all the baby things you'll be able to help me with and you truly shine when you get to be in charge.  It's so fun to watch you take on new jobs around the house and find new hobbies you love.  You're out of school right now and I'm thankful to have this extra time to get to learn and spend time with you.  Thanks for being such a great big sis!
Love, Mom

Funny things you say:

When she found out school was cancelled for the rest of the year...
But I have so much learning left to do!

Can you teach me how to ______________ ?
She's so eager to learn how to do so many things by herself.

Can you make me a reading log to record all the books I read?
She fills up her monthly read in just a couple of days.
How many reading logs should I print for you this time?
How about 4?  That should last me for a week or two.

Gi-jum-bus = anything that is HUGE

If you need me, I'll be out reading in the tree.
As she packs a giant backpack full of books and climbs a tree to sit and read.

I'm going to go and shoot some hoops.
She tries to make 100 baskets a day on her new basketball hoop.


Fletcher // Age 4

Dear Fletcher,
You are about to become a BIG brother!  You get the benefit of being a little brother and a big brother.  You'll always be our first son and you're sandwiched between two great siblings.  You've talked about your baby brother for months.  I keep reminding you that he's not quite ready to come out and play.  I have a feeling you two will be best buds.  You begged for another baby in the family and I can't wait to see how you adjust to life with a baby.  You are the loviest, snuggliest guy so I know that you'll have no problem having enough love for a new sibling.  Thanks for teaching me how to be a boy mom.
Love, Mom

Funny things you say:

Is there any way you can unmarry daddy?
Because I really want to marry you.

My belly is screaming for ___________
What he says any time he's hungry.

Hey, Mom!
Did you know that Jesus loves you even when you do bad stuff?
He loves you no matter what.
I learned that at Sunday school.

Me: Are you ready?
F: I was born ready!

You're the best mom I could ever dream of!!

Fletcher while helping me cook dinner...
Let's put on the olive oil.
How come there's not any Fletcher oil?
I wish there was Fletcher oil because Fletcher's are the best.

I can feel my heart beeping.  I'm fine.

He wakes up every morning and does a series of stretches.
I'm just doing my morning stretches to help me get stronger.

I was wonderin...
is what he says before he asks a million questions a day.


Hey, Dad, Can I tell you something?

If he gets frustrated that he's not big enough to do something or reach something he'll say
These stubby little legs won't let me do that

4 comments:

  1. I love all the cute things they say! I'm so glad you're writing them all down because it's so easy to forget all the little things. Praying for a safe delivery today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are always some of my favorite posts! Your two children are absolutely precious. Thanking and praying for you and your delivery today!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.