Monday, February 24, 2020

6 Easy Breakfast Recipes

I've been trying harder in the breakfast department.  Traditional breakfast comfort food has sounded delicious to me lately so I'm trying to incorporate them into our weekly menus.  Plus, many of these recipes can be prepped one day and enjoyed for several days.  I love that cook once, enjoy several times option for meals.  Especially for breakfast and lunch because they make my mom life much easier.

Here are 6 Easy Breakfast Recipes that I've been loving lately!

1 // Overnight Oats 
I've wanted to give overnight oats a try for years.  I have pinned more recipes than I can count and finally gave them a try this month.  I didn't go out and buy special jars for them.  Instead, I saved up our favorite olive jars because they were the perfect size.  I washed them and soaked them to rid the jars of any olive scent.

I built my overnight oat jars like this:
instant oats
flax seed
chia seeds
splash of vanilla
Vanilla greek yogurt
peanut butter
chocolate chips
milk - fill up enough to cover your oats

Refrigerate overnight and they're ready to eat the next day.

I was VERY surprised at how delicious and easy this breakfast recipe was.  I opened my jar the next day.  Stirred everything up until it was well blended and loved it!  I ate it cold, but you could easily warm it or let it warm to room temp.  I enjoyed the 2nd jar a couple days later and it was just as good.

The flavor combos and ingredient list are endless.  These are portable and so simple.  They'd work great on the go if you're a busy lady or a working mom.  You could easily eat it at your desk, on the go or at home.  I figured I'd start out with my favorite flavors and branch out.  Do you make overnight oats?  What do you put in yours?





2 // Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuits
McDonalds and Hardees have the very best breakfast sandwiches in my opinion.  They always sound yummy to me, but swinging through the drive through isn't always ideal.  I picked up the ingredients to make them at home.

I love the Bisquick frozen biscuits because you can make 1-2 or 12.  You just grab what you need.

I made 3 of these at a time.  I fried the eggs on the stove top, added a slice of cheese, warmed some of the Hormel precooked bacon in the microwave and added them to my fresh biscuits.  I ate one the first day and then refrigerated the other ingredients separately.  On the following days I just popped the bacon,egg and cheese stack and a biscuit onto a baking sheet.  I set the oven to preheat to 350 and put the baking sheet into the oven.  By the time the oven reached 350, everything was warm.  I built a fresh biscuit sandwich and it was amazing!!



3 // Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Last month I shared this recipe and I've made it 3-4 times this year.  These muffins are so yummy, are pretty healthy and I always have the ingredients on hand to make them.


4 // Baked Egg Casserole 
I love having baked egg casserole for easy lunches.  I make it in a square 9x9 pan and then cut off slices for lunch.  It's like the perfect crustless quiche.  Here's my favorite recipe:

Roast any veggies you have on hand.  This one has - onions, broccoli, cauliflower & sweet peppers.
Scramble 12 eggs.
Cook bacon.
Layer with spinach and feta.
Pour egg mixture over the top.
Top the whole thing with some Montreal Steak Seasoning.

Bake at 325 for 40-50 minutes or until the top is golden brown and completely set.

It's delicious!!  My kids will eat it if I add in turkey sausage and cheddar cheese.  Feta isn't their fave.



5 // Homemade Cinnamon Rolls 
About once a month, I use my sour dough bread started to make homemade cinnamon rolls.  My husband is a huge fan and mostly eats them for dessert in the evenings.  This week I made a pan of plain cinnamon rolls and a pan of pecan filled cinnamon rolls.  We prefer the pecan filled.

I don't have a sourdough recipe to share because you have to have sour dough bread starter.  I do have a small batch cinnamon roll recipe that I can link.  My husband really liked these, too.  Recipe here.



6 // Waffles, Eggs & Bacon
My heart waffle maker has been going strong long after Valentine's Day!  It just makes the perfect size waffles.  I love the Light and Fluffy pancake mix from Hungry Jack.  It's lighter and fluffier than any homemade recipe I've tried and you just have to add water.  It's the easiest meal so we have had it for dinner regularly this year.  We ended up with leftovers last week so I packed Olive a breakfast for lunch meal.  She loved it!  And I loved that I only cooked once and had enough leftovers for lunch!



What are your favorite breakfast recipes??
                                           

4 comments:

  1. These all look delicious! My kids leave so early in the morning (6:45) that I've gotten pretty lazy with preparing breakfast. I need to focus on having something yummy for the family on the weekends. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to try overnight oats, but am worried about the texture. I just started liking oatmeal last year, and for toppings I loved bananas, blueberries, cinnamon and honey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! We leave the house at 6:50 for school so it's usually cereal for my kiddos. I need to try overnight oats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried the overnight oats today and I am a fan. I bought a store bought one just to give it a try but I think I'll make my own now.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.