Friday, December 20, 2019

Last Minute Gift Ideas

Happy Friday!  Or Fri-YAY as Olive likes to say :)

I have a fun round up of Christmas gift ideas to share with you today.

I'm sure there are still a few of you out there who are looking for ideas for teacher gifts, stocking stuffers or great gift for hosts or friends in this final week before Christmas.

Treat Yourself!  
I LOVE Post-It notes.  I love making lists.  So when a friend alerted me to this deal at Meijer I had to go and stock up.  The original price was $19.99.  The Limited Edition Color Collection was on sale for $9.99 with a special 25% off one post it note item that you could clip on their app.  The whole set ended up being $7.99!!  Merry Christmas to ME.  I picked up one for myself and one for Olive's teacher.  I'm saving the teacher gift for a cute rainbow themed gift on St. Patrick's Day.

Last Minute Photo Calendar:
Every year I make Kevin a photo calendar for his office.  He loves it and it proudly hangs in his office.  This year I didn't have the best luck with Sams - their photo services moved 100% online and shipping was SO SLOW.  I knew I needed a different option for my calendar.  I check the Walgreens app and realized that they had calendar options for $19.99 with a half off discount code.  The best part: The calendars print in store and ready IN ONE HOUR!!!  I was a little skeptical of the quality given that it was a one hour printing process, but I'm happy to report that the quality is wonderful.  Use the app, upload pictures straight from the favorites on your phone and making a calendar will be so easy.  I made this in about ten minutes from start to finish!


Cookies for Neighbors:
I picked up these metal plates for $1 each at Dollar Tree.  I'm planning to bake sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies for our neighbors this weekend.  I'll bake, cover in plastic wrap, add our Christmas card and then we'll go out and hand deliver them Saturday or Sunday.

Friend/Hostess Gift:
I serve on a board with a great group of ladies.  I wanted to gift them something fun for Christmas to say thanks for all of their hard work this year.  I picked up these holiday food picks at TJ Maxx, purchased two three packs of Christmas dish towels and gave each of them one towel plus some Christmas treats.  It turned out to be a really cute little gift.


Teacher gift: 
Olive's teacher got some fun leather earrings from my favorite ADVdesigns etsy shop.  I've worn and loved her earrings for years.  They're my go to accessory.  I added in an Amazon gift card and an ornament.  I had Olive sign her name and date the back of it.

Bonus teacher gifts: 
Olive loves her special teachers for art, music, PE plus we have some lovely people doing crossing guard, administrators and the school police officer.  I packaged up our Christmas card, Peppermint Mentos, Reese's Christmas tree and Snowman graham crackers with some krinkle paper.  I dropped them off at the school office so the secretary could put them in their mailboxes.


Husband Stocking Stuffers:
Head massager
Fun dress socks
Trail Mix or Beef Jerky
Cocktail/Beer napkins
Christmas candy


Boy Stocking Stuffers:
2 Police Monster trucks - he's going to FLIP seeing two of his favorite things in one.
Paw Patrol slippers
Christmas candy
new tooth brushes
Bath Dropz to color the bath water


Girl Stocking Stuffers:
Reindeer Purse
Matching pom pom hat to mine
Jo Jo headband bow
fuzzy socks
Christmas candy
toothbrush
bathtub crayons

Christmas Cactus
Lots of stores have these right now.  I picked ours up at Aldi for $3.99.  I got a white one for home, red for Kevin's office and red for Olive's teacher.  I got them in early December to give us a chance to enjoy them all month long.  They'll still bloom for a while so it'll be a cheery plant to give anyone this winter.  My Meijer store had LOTS of them in stock this week.

Happy Shopping, Packaging, Wrapping this weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. These are such great gift ideas! I hate that Costco and Sam's have taken the photo processing out of most of their stores. It was so convenient and such a great price. Walgreens is my go-to place when I need to get a few photos printed. That's great to know about the calendars. Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing! YOU are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.