Wednesday, December 4, 2019

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas Here

We've had a fun kick off to the Christmas season so far.  We added lights to the outside of our house, put up a few trees inside and are excited to finish decorating this week.  We've also done some fun Christmas activities.  I don't know about you, but there seems to always be way more events than we can possibly attend.  This means that I end up sitting down and going over our calendar to pick and choose our FAVORITES.  That way we are doing things we love and leaving plenty of time in our schedules for down time.

We had our annual gingerbread house decorating party on Sunday.  Each kid picked out their own house to build and it was really fun.  Baby brother was doing some serious ninja kicking during the whole event.  I kept startling me and making me laugh.  Our houses both made it home and are proudly on display in our kitchen.


Fletcher picked out the gingerbread house kit that came with the most candy.  Smart guy.

Olive picked the Frozen gingerbread house.  It was more complicated with mixing icing colors, loads of sprinkles that made quite a mess and a tricky triangle shaped house.





Then we had a delicious dinner - meatballs, spaghetti, chicken tenders, veggie lasagna and more!  Give me all the comfort food!



We got to see Frozen 2 with our cousins.  Review:  We enjoyed Frozen 2, but didn't LOVE it.  To be fair, it's hard for a sequel to live up to the hype of the first movie.

The plot was more complicated/harder for kids to follow, they were more villains, the music was complicated and difficult for kids to sing along with and both kids asked when it was going to be over several times during the movie.  I even found myself checking the time.  It was definitely a darker movie than the first one.  We still enjoyed ourselves, but none of us are eager to own the movie or watch it again.  Have you seen it?  What did you think?

We headed to our favorite local spot and picked out a Christmas tree.  We looked at lots of options and the kids picked this tree as their favorite.  I can't wait to decorate it once I find our Christmas lights. 

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh, your gingerbread houses are so cute! I love Fletcher’s idea of more candy :) Sorry that frozen was sort of a bust! We actually really loved it, but I would agree that it seems to be more geared for an older crowd. I wonder if they had in mind the fans that were little when the first frozen came out and now are six years older, if that makes any sense. As I sit here I can’t even remember who the villain was! I’m going to have to ask my kids about that. I just love love love the relationship between Anna and Elsa, and how selfless it is. No bickering or jealousy. It’s so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went over the weekend to see Frozen 2 and, meh. It was just meh. I didn't love the story, didn't love the big "reveal" ending; it fell pretty flat to me. I do like the way Anna and Elsa are so devoted to each other, and maybe it's because they were separated for so long as children...but um, no, you don't have to do everything together always and always stick together. I find that annoying - they have different skills, Elsa is the Queen and the older sister and is allowed to do things herself without her little sister always have to "help" her like Elsa is so incapable of doing anything herself. It's a little co-dependent IMHO. lol But, great costumes, and Olaf is always funny so I liked that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun times!! It's so nice that you can do the fun gingerbread projects outside the house and not have to mess with cleanup - at least that sounds good to me. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.