Monday, December 9, 2019

Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Smokies

Let me introduce you to THE very best appetizer I have ever eaten...

Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Smokies

They are AMAZING!

I've heard about these before and maybe tried them a time or two, but this was my very first time making them for Kevin's Christmas party.  We talked over options of food to bring and he picked this one.  Good call, Kev.

I searched Pinterest for recipe ideas and came up with my own.  You've got to try them!  They were gone in minutes and I was wishing I'd doubled my recipe.  My WHOLE family loved them.  Can't wait to make these again very soon.


Ingredients:
1 1/2 pkgs little smokies/cocktail sausages
1 pkg thick cut bacon
1 c brown sugar
1 container of colored tooth picks


Tips:
The smokies and bacon were great prices and great quality at Aldi.
Pick out Christmas colored toothpicks from the package to make your app feel very festive.


Directions:
Open little smokies packages and drain.  Cut the bacon slices into fourths or fifths depending on the length of your little smokies.  Tip: Lay out your little smokies the length of the bacon to determine how many will fit along one slice of bacon.


Wrap each little smokey in bacon.  Use the toothpicks to secure the bacon.  Only stick the toothpick through the little smokey enough to hold the bacon in place.  You want them to sit flat in your 9x13 pan.  Line a greased 9x13 pan with all of your wrapped little smokies.


This recipes will completely fill a 9x13 pan.  Preheat oven to 350.  Wrap all smokies and then sprinkle your cup of brown sugar over the top of all the smokies. 



Bake for 30 minutes and then drain off any juice in the bottom of the pan into a bowl.  Bake an additional 15 minutes to let the smokies crisp up.  Let cool and then serve.


Done!  They were SO good!  See how the toothpicks are holding on the bacon, but don't poke through the bottom of the smokey??  I can't wait to make these again soon.  I'm thinking I will drizzle some pineapple juice on top of the next batch and see if I like that combo. 



Another fun treat this time of year is a pan of Christmas Rice Krispie treats!  I love making the recipe on the box and saving a handful of mini marshmallows to sprinkle on top.


 I hope you have a reason to make these recipes very soon!  Please report back and let me know what you think.

5 comments:

  1. Yum! Those look amazing - I can see why everyone gobbled them up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. anything wrapped in bacon is a favorite at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an easy but super yummy appetizer!!!
    And Rice Krispie treats are such a big hit in our house...I haven’t made them in forever!! I think I will make a batch this weekend!🎄

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.