Friday, January 26, 2018

January JOY

Happy Friday, Friends!  Hope you've had a nice week.  We were busy with school, appointments, unexpected car issues, meetings, dinner meetings, and more so I'm ready for a low key weekend.

We squeezed in lots of fun in the midst of a busy schedule.  Here's our January JOY this week:

Brunching with Friends:
A group of my girl friends got together for a kid free brunch last weekend and it was amazing.  The food was delicious at this new local spot and the adult conversation was really nice.  The menu is always changing, the decor is darling and my food was outstanding.   We're hoping to make this a monthly outing.  Cheers to all the husbands who were home with the kids!



Winter White Wreath:
My DIY winter wreath came together beautifully!  I snapped some pictures while I was making it so I'll try to get a up a tutorial in the next week or so.  I gathered most of the materials from my yard and had all of the other supplies on hand.  It's exciting when a beautiful project is basically free :)

Wild Weather:
The weather has been really unpredictable this month.  We got snow and a few Spring like days.  The fresh air and sunshine was amazing.  It's also wonderful to head outside without having to bundle up in a million layers.  I organized and cleaned out the garage while they played.  It felt so good to get outside!

Icy Science Class:
Our science class had a chilly theme and the kids loved it.  They painted with ice cubes, went ice fishing and did an ice melting experiment.  We're huge fans of our children's museum.  I love that the kids are learning a ton through their programs, we get to go with friends and they come home wanting to recreate the activities that they enjoyed so much.


Cool dude:
This little man loves sunglasses.  We were walking out the door and he grabbed his shades and his puppy.  Then he posed in our picture spot and said cheese.  He definitely knows the way to my heart.  His blue eyes seem extra sensitive to the sun, so I need to get him some read sunnies for summer time.

Lunch Dates:
I've made a point to do start doing fun things with the kids for lunch.  I'll surprise them with lunch at their favorite Mexican spot, plan a lunch date with friends, pack lunches and go to the park, etc.  I'm feeling a little sentimental with Olive starting full day K this Fall so I'm determined to make the most of our days together.  My kids love Mexican & lemonade... can you tell??

Cooking for Others:
I spent a lot of time baking and cooking for others this week.  We gave cookies to Olive's teachers just for a fun treat, made dinner for a friend who'd recently had surgery and baked treats to share with our neighbors.  I love to bake so it's nice to have some fun treats to share with others.

Night Time Wind Down:
These two love to wrestle, watch movies, shoot Nerf guns and play in that hour after dinner and before bedtime.  We've been trying to unplug and just enjoy doing things together during this time.


That's Interesting:
It is so interesting to see what my kids find interesting.  Both of them are very interested in doctors right now.  My FIL is a cardiologist and they will take turns being Dr Grandpa or pretend they are our pediatrician.  It's hilarious.  They check the funniest things, have the funniest remedies (10 sips of ice cold water) and Fletcher insists that this is how the stethoscope must be worn.  I'm excited to see how their interests of things like dogs, firetrucks, doctors, experiments, music and more play out as they get older.



In case you missed it on Polka-Dotty Place:

Monday: Weekending in Bloomington
Tuesday: 10 Ways to Save
Wednesday: January Outfits

Do you have any fun plans this weekend??

Linking up with Beth for her JOY linkup

9 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a fun week. I really want to do a few lunch dates before Erin goes to kindergarten in Sept. Children Museum looks pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun week! That brunch looks so GOOD! I love your wreath!! and F in that jacket! my blue eyes are way sensitive to the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great week! Your wreath turned out fantastic! I don't have any of those materials outside near me, but I would still love to see how you made it. Love how the kids are playing doctor… My kids used to love to play veterinarian. They would gather all the stuffed animals, and I would pretend that I brought them in for a check up and they would check them all, finding the silliest ailments. Lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a funny picture of the kids at lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That wreath looks amazing! You had so much fun this week! We got to get outside yesterday, and it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We baked a bunch this week too for others :) We sampled some ourselves too!! I love that darling little restaurant you ate at, how cute. Your wreath turned out so cute. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about the unexpected car issues, that is never a fun thing. I bet it would be fun to have that ladies brunch. I should totally request one of those with some of my church friends. That would be a great way to kick off a weekend. Hope y'all have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wreath turned out so beautiful! You have a way with wreaths that rivals those in the department store.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much fun this week. I feel for Fletcher and the sensitivity towards the sun. I learned at college that everyone has blue eyes are more sensitive to the sun and brightness because how light the iris is in the eye. That's why I'm not such a big fan of the winter and snow! Sometimes I have to break out the shades inside the house! Love the wreath!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.