I'm not sure how we are already in the month of August, but here we are wrapping up a really fun Summer break. We had a great trip to Wisconsin mid-July. The weather is always so nice and we were really thankful to avoid any issues with smoke from wildfires. We spent one day at Mirror Lake and another day at Devil's Lake. I've got some funny stories from both lakes.
Kevin rented us a pontoon boat at Mirror Lake State Park on his birthday. We brought snacks and fishing gear. We opted out of all of the swim accessories you could rent and I'm glad we did. The lake wasn't the clearest and we were all happiest on the boat.
The rental came with life jackets for everyone and basic instructions.
These guys were so excited.
I'm sure I can drive a boat - Kev. He was right. He figured it out.
Fletcher was scouting good fishing locations.
We enjoyed the breeze, snacks and had a good playlist going.
The scenery was so pretty. We got to go under this interstate bridge, see the cutest little cabins and everyone we encountered was really friendly.
Here for the snacks.
A rainbow reflection on a beautiful day.
We saw a beaver, cool birds and enjoyed the calm, quiet lake. The boys did not catch much unless you count twigs, branches and algae. They were bummed, but it was a really beautiful day on the water.
The cutest cabins on the water.
We went to Devil's Lake State Park another day and the weather was gorgeous again. It was HOT outside so the lake felt really great. The lake water here is so clear and so shallow. It's the perfect spot to float for a long time. We came prepared this year with rafts, noodles and goggles.
Some years the lake water isn't the warmest, but the hot temps and sunshine made the lake water feel so good. Unfortunately, someone stole my shoes out of our shoe pile while we were all in the lake. We got out of the water and everyone's shoes were there except for mine. We searched around for them, but had no luck spotting my black slides. Lesson learned, if you are wearing a super common shoe, keep a close eye on your shoes. Otherwise they may walk away. So I had to walk back to the car with no shoes on and ride all the way back to our resort with no shoes. Bummer!
If you ever find yourself in Wisconsin, we'd highly recommend buying a state park pass. They are really affordable and the parks are so nice. We wish we could have had enough time to do a second day at Devil's Lake.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.