We're still in full Summer mode ignoring the fact that I go back to work at the end of next week. We are squeeze in all the fun plans. Let me tell you about them.
1. Happy to host! That's my motto for my family. We hosted Kevin's department for dinner. They made it easy and ordered the main courses from a local Indian restaurant. I made a fruit tray, veggie tray and had food for the kids. The flowers and tables were so pretty! I have a stash of pretty napkins. I pick them up at HomeGoods or TJ Maxx anytime I see a pretty pattern that catches my eye. Their university school color is purple so it was fun to incorporate purple.
I bought several Sams bouquets and then mixed them up to make my own bouquets.
2. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are our new favorite cookie.
Great party, Kev!
Door Dashed the main course. That made hosting easy peasy.
3. Watermelon lemonade. I love lemonade so we have been saving some watermelon concentrate when we cut up a watermelon to add to our lemonade. It's been delicious.
4. We met my parents at Wild Eggs for a delicious breakfast!
5. I attended CPR training and was thrilled to walk in and find one of my best buddies. That made the morning much more fun.
6. Olive ahs been crocheting up a storm. This set of potholder is so pretty!
7. I'm thrilled to report back that this Trader Joe's Key Lime Pie is outstanding!
8. Changes are happening with our sleeping arrangements.
9. Kitten chaos! Kevin walked into the bathroom to this scene. Peanut playing in toilet paper with Pumpkin nearby. He's so playfulf. I'm thankful this mess was an easy one to clean up. Peanut is so curious and so handsome. He's fitting in perfectly with our family.
10. I've been reading up a storm between my book club and fun books. This was our book for July - Local Woman Missing. It's a WILD story. You'll be hooked right away and may finish the book wondering if you can really trust anyone. The characters will surprise you throughout the entire book.
11. The perfect pie! I made a Derby Pie and it turned out PERFECT!
12. Leo loves a good game of Guess Who? So does Peanut.
13. We got the all clear to go in and work in our rooms now that the Summer cleaning is done. I love when we have time to pop in and work on our own terms. I got the whole room set up and now need to get busy on the computer side of setting things up for a new year.
My theme for this year:
14. The best money I've spent on Summer fun - an Urban Air Summer pass!! It was so affordable and you get unlimited play for 90 days. We got several times a week. The boys play like crazy and Olive and I bring things to work on.
15. Our bookclub met at BRU Burger this month. I will be dreaming of this Cobb salad. It was so good!
16. It makes me so happy when the kids and the cats find cozy corners throughout our home. This is Peanut's current favorite napping spot.
I wish you the bset weekend! See you back here on Monday.
Linking up with Momfessionals
No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.