Wednesday, June 17, 2020

5 Simple Dinners

I have some yummy dinner ideas to share with you today!  I haven't done a dinner post since March.  Mostly because we've been having a lot of repeat meals.  We're finally getting back into a good routine of prepping dinner with a newborn.

These meals are all easy and family favorites.  They're also home cooked meals with plenty of shortcuts to make the dinner prep process fairly quick.  I don't know about you, but I don't want to spend hours in the kitchen prepping and cleaning up every night.

1. Breakfast for dinner
It's always a hit.  No matter the combo, the whole crew loves it.  That's a mom win for sure!

French Toast Sticks from Sams, scrambled eggs with ham and cheese & fruit.


Berry waffles, bacon, eggs & fruit.  I make plain, chocolate chip and berry waffles.  I take everyone's order for waffles and they think it's so much fun to place their dinner order.

 Scrambled eggs & cheese, bacon, tater tots, berries, yogurt and granola.

 2. Grilled Chicken Stir Fry

I liked to buy the bag of frozen stir fry veggies and then add in more of our favorites - onions, sweet peppers, etc.

We all built our own plates and I tried something new - Cauliflower Rice.  The grown ups liked it and the kids wanted to know what this imposter food was on their plate.  They did not like it.

3. Bacon Burgers
Kevin loves to grill.  I prep all the toppings and sides and he does the meat.  We added sauteed onions and bacon to our burgers and they were so good.  We had this meal several times with different sides - corn on the cob, baked beans, chips, tator tots, side salad, etc.

4. Taco Night
We have taco night regularly.  I make the meat, chop all the toppings and then everyone makes tacos their own way - soft tacos, nachos, all the ingredients separate.  I usually make enough meat to have back to back taco nights or have leftovers for lunch.


5. Wraps
These are great for a light dinner or an easy lunch.  This yummy wrap has cheese, grilled chicken, lettuce, avocado and a drizzle of honey mustard on a tortilla shell.  It was delicious!

Strawberry lemonade has been the perfect Summer drink.  The kids think it's so fancy.  I just chop up strawberries into small pieces and add them to our favorite Minute Maid lemonade.  The strawberry straw makes it taste extra good.

We've been eating lots of salads for lunch and side salads at dinner time.  Hard boiled eggs, croutons and vinaigrette dressings are our favorites.

What are you eating this week?

2 comments:

  1. Yes to all of these simple dinners! Taco night and burger night are on permanent rotation at our house! To keep things interesting I try to change up our taco night by using different proteins- chicken, ground beef, or beans- and then switch up if we have chips, taco shells or soft shell tortillas. YES to bacon on burgers- and add some avocado to that too!😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all awesome! You really make even some thing like a simple dinner special, Whitney! we do something similar with the peppers chicken dinner, I chopped up andouille sausage, and cook it on low with the veggies for about 20 minutes. Somehow the sausage works it’s magic and caramelizes the veggies. It’s a fave :) I think I am going to try it with chicken breast… Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.