Wednesday, May 8, 2019

6 Favorite Recipes: Burgers, Chicken, Salads & Dips

I haven't done a recipe round up in ages!  I have so many good ones to share with you.

I've had fun trying new recipes this Spring.  They're all super easy, colorful and really tasty!  I will also note that only the adults in my house loved some of  these recipes and that's okay with me.  I don't worry about making my kids eat what I make every single night.  I just do my best to give them something similar.  I'll try to list what the kids ate when we ate these things for lunch or dinner.

1. Cheeseburger Salad
It's basically your favorite burger with all your favorite toppings and no bun.  So easy!

We like season salt, Montreal steak seasoning and Worcestershire sauce on our burgers.  Kevin grills and I do all the toppings and sides.  We all love burgers so this is an easy dinner for me to put on the menu!  Kevin and the kids prefer their burgers on buns and I prefer a burger salad.  It's easy to personalize burgers for every one.    This meal will be on repeat once a week all Summer long.


2. Nuts About Berries Salad
Mixed Greens, pecans, all the berries, feta (We love Aldi feta!) and a berry vinaigrette.
I eat this for salad and love to add grilled chicken if we have it.
My kids love the berries and the chicken.

3. Loaded Scrambled Eggs
3 scrambled eggs, 2 handfuls of spinach, 1 handful of chopped sweet peppers and onions, 3 pieces of bacon and a sprinkle of feta.  I season with Montreal Steak Seasoning.  This is a super easy things to eat for lunch.  I put it all in the skillet - let the eggs cook a bit first and then add in all the veggies - then it cooks while I prep lunch for the kids.

My kids ate scrambled eggs with ham and cheddar cheese instead.


4. Chicken Picatta
One of my favorite places to get new recipes this past year has been through meal delivery subscriptions.  Hello Fresh and Home Chef are the best ones out there.  We have tried and LOVED lots of their recipes.  Lemon lovers... this recipe is for you!!  Your house will smell AMAZING after you make this.

Sautee all of these ingredients together in a pan until the sauce thickens.

Juice of 2 lemons
Zest of 2 lemons
1/2 an onion diced
handful of cherry tomatoes chopped up
2 T capers
olive oil

Angel Hair pasta noodles and a can of white meat chicken.
Warm up the chicken in a skilled while the noodles are cooking.  Serve all together!
This meal was delicious fresh and reheated great for leftovers!
It's a bright, fresh way to eat pasta when the weather gets warm.



I left the ingredients separate so that my husband and I could build our own pasta bowls according to our preferences.  He goes heavy on the meat and I like to balance it all out.  This also made it really easy to reheat for leftovers - nothing got soggy.

5. Mandarin Side Salad
Our favorite swanky restaurant in town serves the most delicious house salad.  This is my best attempt to replicate it.

Mixed greens
purple onion
mandarin oranges
feta crumbles
pepper
balsamic vinaigrette

*This is also delicious with berries instead of oranges.

6. Chocolate Hummus Dip and Peanut Butter Dip
These are perfect for pretzels, fruit or graham crackers.

I have now tried the Aldi hummus and Boar's Head chocolate hummus.  And I have a winner: Boar's Head.  It's much smoother, chocolatier and better.  The Aldi brownie batter is good, but it felt grainy and the flavor was a little off for me.

Peanut Butter Dip: Whipped cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar.  Combine equal parts, add sugar until it's sweet enough for you and stir until smooth.  SO GOOD!  People always ask me for this recipe.


What have you been cooking lately??

5 comments:

  1. Whitney! All of these meals look SO SO good!!! I love all your different salads!! We are actually in a very TOUGH season of dinnertime at our house. 3/5 are going through an EXTRA picky stage of eating and I am about ready to lose my mind. HA! Some day I will be making lovely meals like these...but for now- I will vicariously live through you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I love burgers with no buns! and you always have the prettiest salads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reading this right before lunch and now I am starving! This is a great round-up of recipes. I want to try the cheeseburger salad! That peanut butter dip sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try a burger salad! It's definitely grilling season and these would be perfect to make for an easy dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so yummy! I'm so excited that we can grill more.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.