Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Snow Much Fun

We woke up to about 8 inches of snow on Saturday!  It was WONDERFUL!

We all love snow, winter and were so excited.

I had prepared with hats, boots, gloves, snow pants, coats, sleds, shovels and snow toys.  We were ready to have some fun.  It was probably the best snow we've had since we moved back to Indiana.  Kevin was home for the day and we made a game plan to get out and play.  No one cried while we were bundling up - which felt like a big parenting WIN and then we played outside for a long time.  We made two snowmen, went on sled rides, played games and Kevin shoveled the driveway.

Keep reading to see our new favorite snow day toy, our recipe for snow ice cream and cute kids :)


Olive drew up her snowman plan.  She wanted to make four.  We made two huge ones and called it done.


 They mastered the art of snowball making AND throwing this year.




Kevin gets all the credit for building.

I get all the credit for accessorizing.


These color squirt bottles were a fun after Christmas clearance purchase from Meijer.  I think I paid under $3 for each one.  You just mix the color powder with warm water and let the kids squirt.  My kids LOVED this.  I'm sure you could easily make your own version of this - just make sure the bottles are small enough for little hands.

Fletcher LOVED the snow this year.  He cried when we made him come in.  It was so fun to see him making snow balls, squirting the snow and running around and loving the snow.



Saturday snow days are the best!!





 Snowy head shots:




Our biggest snowman ever completed just before dark!

We made sure to gather a big bowl full of snow when we first went out so that we could make snow ice cream.  It's so easy, so fun and really kid friendly.  Here's my SNOW ICE CREAM RECIPE.  We added chocolate syrup this year.  Both kids loved it.

Played SO hard... 

These kid sized snow shovels have been so much fun.  We got them last year and the kids have a ton of fun shoveling.  I love that they are neon orange which makes them super easy to spot.


I refilled those color spray bottles several times.  Both kids loved them.  I think you could fill them with kool aid or food coloring too.



Whew!  That was a fun, snowy weekend!  We played outside several times and are ready for our next snow storm :)

We kicked off the week with a 2 hour school delay yesterday and there's more snow in the forecast for next weekend.  Bring it on!  I'll be sure and head to the store later in the week to stock up on essentials like everyone else.  Although I might do grocery pickup because of ALL THE GERMS.

Are you a fan of snow??

4 comments:

  1. Fun!! We don’t get snow like that here in GA. We just get ice. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! We got enough to cover the ground, but the grass was still poking out. It's all gone now. I blame the snow for my migraine over the weekend. Definitely need to invest in darker curtains in the kitchen! I remember going out and playing in the snow as a kid. We would hook up our sled to the 4-wheeler and go for rides. The snow ice cream looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can’t even fathom 8 inches. I mean, I can because we just left Ruidoso, NM. But, I can’t fathom waking up to it at home. I love Texas, but wish we’d get snow. Your snowman is awesome and has the best accessories!! You are such a fun mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone always ends up cold and crying by the end of our adventures. Probably because our snow is mostly ice haha. Yours looks fun!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.