Monday, January 28, 2019

Healthy Egg Muffins

Good morning!  Hope you all had a great weekend :)

I have a long list of recipes that I'm hoping to try this year.  I love to cook and nothing makes me happier than finding a new recipe my family loves.  The sweet lady who leads my Bible study makes us the yummiest egg muffins every week.  She assures us that they're so easy and we all love them.  They're basically an omelet, but so much easier.  You could bake them as full size muffins, in a square baking dish or as mini muffins.  I prefer mini muffins since they bake so quickly.  Plus, it's so convenient to bake once and then reheat them for easy meals all week long.

Ingredients:

4 large eggs
Splash of milk
Jimmy Dean turkey sausage crumbles
handful of chopped spinach
sharp white cheddar cheese cut into small cubes
diced onion
diced sweet peppers
salt and pepper
Montreal Steak seasoning

Recipe makes approx 16 MINI muffins

Directions:

Scramble the eggs and milk together.  Add salt and pepper.  Chop all veggies into small pieces.  Add veggies to egg mix.  Stir until well combined.  Grease your muffin tin really well or else these egg muffins will stick.  Use a cookie scoop to fill each muffin tin.  Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes depending on how browned you like your muffins.





Let cool and serve.

I refrigerated the egg muffins in a glass container and microwaved them a couple different times for easy lunches.  The texture of the eggs was great.  I'm excited to make these regularly changing up the add in ingredients to keep things interesting.

I'm anxious to try other toppings for the egg muffins:
ham & sharp cheddar cheese
ham & swiss
ham & veggies
turkey sausage and tons of veggies
roasted veggies
roasted sweet potatoes
bacon
and so much more!!


These two cuties told me the egg muffins looked nasty.  To be fair, they seem to hate all versions of eggs I have ever served them.  They seem to only like eggs in cakes and cookies.  Maybe one day they'll come around.  

What toppings would you add to your egg muffins?

Linking up with Heather for Hello Monday!

7 comments:

  1. We love making these! And they are so simple. Lots of times I add diced red pepper and mushrooms to mine. They are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious! I am the only one in my family who would like them...but I still might have to make them for me to have breakfast READY to go on my extra crazy mornings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ham and cheese sounds good to me. This is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look and sound amazing! Loving that picture of the kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make pretty similar ones, but I like to saute the veggies before hand. They're super tasty either way!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.