Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Healthy Blueberry Banana Muffins

I found this recipe on Pinterest for
Blueberry Banana Bread
made a few changes and fixed mini muffins.
Here's my version of the recipe for mini muffins:

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c white flour
1/2 c wheat flour
1 1/2 t baking powder
sprinkle of kosher salt
1/2 c brown sugar
1 t vanilla
2 ripe bananas
2 eggs
8 oz vanilla yogurt
1 cup fresh blueberries

Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes

Wash blueberries thoroughly and let dry on a paper towel.
 Peel, then mash bananas (I used my Kitchen Aid)
 Add sugars, eggs and vanilla.
 Blend well.
 Add in dry ingredients.
 Gently hand mix in blueberries.
Save a few berries to top muffins right before baking.
Spray Pam in mini muffin pan.
 Use small cookie scoop to fill muffin cups.
Try to evenly distribute blueberries.

 Bake, let cool and chow down.
 Full of berries!!
 Let cool and plate.
They came out of the pan so easily.
 Hope you enjoy this really easy, healthy breakfast option.
These muffins are really moist so they are best if eaten within a day or so.
My husband said they were okay but he wasn't sure about the spongey texture...
They do have a spongey texture but I liked them.

 I'd also recommend having a quality control agent to ensure the baking goes well.
Oliver was my helper this morning.
 These muffins look and smell delish!

1 comment:

  1. Looks good!! I love love love blueberry muffins so the added banana is something I must try!! I love when you post recipes! They are always so good! Thanks sweet girl!
    Go Irish,
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.