Monday, February 27, 2023

Must Make Pork Carnitas

I am so excited to tell you about these Must Make Pork Carnitas!

 

My family loved this pork carnita meat and it was the easiest dinner to prepare.

I grabbed a package of Pork Carnitas meat from Sams after seeing it in their monthly mailer.  This 2lb package is $13.98 and I figured it was worth a try.  It was delicious!  It has a good, subtle flavor that can easily be enhanced with delicious toppings.  I can't wait to stock up on more next time I go to Sams since it says Limited Time Offering on the package.

You get one package of meat and you can heat it up so easily in a 9x13 pan in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes or so.  I heated it up, let it rest, shredded it with my hands and removed any fat.  There was very little fat and the meat was so tender.

Here's what the pork look like after I shredded it and left it to soak up any remaining juices.

The kids enjoyed eating the meat plain and on nachos.

The adults loved making soft tacos and nachos.  I had lots of toppings to choose from - picked red onions, queso fresco cheese and all our usual taco favorites - lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, shredded cheese and taco sauce/salsa.  I love dinners like this where the meat is so easy to heat up/prepare and I just have to add on the sides.

The whole family (minus the toddler) loved this dinner!  We all ate generous servings and still had leftover meat.  It reheats perfectly.  I will definitely buy it again.


Would your family enjoy this meal?

2 comments:

  1. Grace picked this up when we took her to Sam's club this weekend. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious and I need that festive plate in the last picture!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.