Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Easy Summer Charcuterie Dinner Board

I feel like charcuterie boards are the perfect hot weather food.  They're easy to prep ahead of time.  You don't have to turn on your stove or oven for very long and the clean up is super simple.  My family loves a good charcuterie board.  I added them to the menu this week.  I buy enough meats/cheeses and supplies to have it for dinner twice and then we eat any leftover items for snacks and lunches.

Here's a charcuterie menu that would be easy for anyone to pull together this time of year.

Menu:

5 meats & 5 cheeses 

(you could definitely get by with 2 or 3 instead of 5, but we enjoy the variety!)

a mix of all the salty crackers/chips/snacks we had in the pantry

(save yourself lots of money by using the things you already have on hand!)

sweet pickles, olives and spicy mustard

(again - use the things you already have and love in your fridge instead of buying lots of new stuff)

fruits & veggies

& soft pretzel sticks!


You can prep the majority of these things ahead of time.  I chopped everything in the afternoon and then stored it in the fridge.  Dinner comes together very quickly if you prep things in advance.


I grabbed a box of these Bavarian Soft Pretzel Sticks in the frozen food section at Aldi last week.  Have you had them?  They were around $6.  I thought they'd be a fun splurge for the board.  They only take 8 minutes to bake and we all loved them!  These things tend to be seasonal so I'll be going back to Aldi to stock up on a few more boxes for my freezer.


I grabbed this Delicatessen Trio from Sams and it was pretty good.  We really liked two of the meats, but all agreed that we probably didn't love it enough to buy it again.

Silly Fletcher.  But seriously, this is my family's reaction to seeing charcuterie boards on the menu.

A big bonus of planning a charcuterie board for dinner is that you can add any leftovers to lunch boxes.  It really cuts down on lunch prep time.

 

Let me know if you have any charcuterie questions!

Would your family enjoy a big charcuterie board for dinner?

1 comment:

  1. I love this! We love boards in the summer. I never know who's coming or going sometimes with teenagers so these are always great to have so you can quickly feed a crowd.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.