Monday, March 8, 2021

It's the Little Things

Have you ever noticed that sometimes the littlest things will totally brighten your day?

 

Someone going out of their way to do something special JUST FOR YOU.

It's the best.

And it usually doesn't take that much time or that much money to make it happen.

 

I have 8 ideas to get you thinking about things you could do.

 

I'd love for you to tag me on social media or comment below with the ways you brightened someone else's day this week.  Read through my list of ideas and then check out my challenge at the end of this post.

1. Surprise your spouse with a date night

Do all the planning and invite them to join you.  I texted the babysitters, booked them and then casually invited Kevin to a date night during our weekly schedule sync meeting.  We both looked forward to it all week.


 

2. Surprise flowers or surprise help at home

We hosted some friends for dinner on Friday night.  Kevin surprised me by walking in the door an hour earlier than usual with fresh flowers.  He said he figured I'd need some help getting ready or help with the kids and that fresh flowers would look nice on the island.  He also suggested ordering pizza for an easy dinner option.  It meant so much to me that he thought through all of that ahead of time without me asking.  


3. Text or call someone you haven't talked to in a long time

 

4. Deliver food to someone

You can offer to bring dinner, drop off a fresh loaf of bread, cookies, coffee or something fun like Chick-Fil-A for a friend.  And if you aren't near the person you'd like to surprise - email them a Starbucks gift card or a Door Dash gift card.  


5. Pay attention to sports or event schedules and support someone who you love

Olive is starting basketball this week and my mom surprised her with this fun basketball snack mix.  I'm not sure if it's available everywhere or if it's just an Indiana thing for March Madness.


 

6. Share your talents with someone

Are you great at doing yard work, organizing, cleaning, cooking, running errands or something else??  You know that I love to organize so I made sure we had enough time on our date night to stop by Kevin's office to help him organize some things.  We decluttered, tidied up and got his office in great shape!!  He said he was excited to go into a freshly cleaned and organized office today.

 

7. Fix favorite food for your family this week

Add your family's favorite foods to the menu this week.

Kevin - Cinnamon Rolls

Fletcher - Pizza

Olive - Crusty Bread

 

8. Send someone a care package or thinking of you card

Do you have family or friends that are sick right now?  Know of someone who could use a little surprise in the mail?  Hop on Amazon and pick out something fun for them.  Then wait for it to be delivered and smile because you know that they were thrilled to know you were thinking of them.


Which one of those sounds most doable to you??


I have a challenge for you:

Look for one way each day that you can brighten someone's day this week.

 

3 comments:

  1. I am really going to try to do this challenge and put lots of thought into it. I'll keep you in the know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.