Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Chip Free Nachos

My family loves nachos.

I could eat them every week.  I usually put some type of Mexican food recipe on the weekly.  Nachos work great for game day and for regular dinners.  It's an easy meal that's sure to be a crowd pleaser.  My kids love the basic meat + cheese with a little salsa.  The adults love meat + cheese + ALL the toppings.  Most of the ingredients in this recipe are staples at our house.

This Chip Free Nacho recipe came about because I wanted to have a meal that I could cook once and eat twice.  It's also really hard to reheat traditional nachos (toppings on top of all the chips).  This recipe reheats so well and is great for people who are trying to avoid eating tons of carby chips.



Ingredients:
1lb your favorite taco meat (I did ground beef + Oretga taco seasoning)
1/2 green pepper diced
1/2 yellow pepper diced
1/2 red pepper diced (You can do all three colors or just do 1 1/2 cups of your fave peppers)
1 yellow onion diced
1/4 purple onion diced
2 green onions chopped up
shredded sharp cheddar cheese
sour cream
guacamole
salsa
black olives
jalapenos

Toppings: shredded lettuce, salsa, tomatoes, sour cream and chips

Cook the taco meat.  Layer all the ingredients in the pan.  I started with the onions and peppers in a greased 9x13 pan.  Added the meat, cheese and all the toppings.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until everything is warm and bubbly.

You can completely customize this dish for your family. 

I like sour cream and my husband does not.  I put dollops of sour cream on my half of the pan and left it off of his side.  My favorite part of the nachos are the toppings so I just ate a few chips on the side.  Kevin put his nachos on top of chips.  My adaptation for the kids was to save some meat off to the side.  Then at dinner time I built them their own plates of nachos with just meat and cheese.  It worked great for the whole family! 

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm with you on the "nachos every week" train! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to make nachos!! This will be going in the rotation for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds amazing! Nathan and I have been craving nachos something fierce. Probably only because we are doing keto! But, this would work for us!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.