Friday, November 2, 2018

Halloween Highlights

Happy Friday!!  Hope you've had a good week.  We had a really fun time celebrating Halloween with friends, at school, at the museum, at church and at home.  It was a fun couple of weeks to kick off the holiday season.

We ate pumpkin food.  I added some fun toppings to a frozen Freschetta pizza and my family loved it.  I keep one in our freezer at all times for a SUPER easy dinner that costs around $5.


Olive had Red Ribbon Week at school and wore a clover dress for her team day.

Fletcher learned all about bats and owls at his Science class.  He loved these owl binoculars.

The trees in our neighborhood are so gorgeous right now!!

We got a surprise delivery of fancy cupcakes from a local bakery.  They were all delish.

Our best sibling costumes to date.

We went to the Fall Fest at our country club with some friends.  We ate spooky food, went on a hayride and made smores.  


It's been fun to get out and walk/run during the days.  The cooler weather has been great!

We went to the Fall Festival at Olive's school.  It was so much fun to see her school, meet her teachers and see how many friends she's making.  She ran into tons of kids from her class and she happily greeted them by name. She was eager to give us the tour and show off some of her work that was on display.


Fun fact about me: I cannot stand carbonated drinks.  Can't drink them.  Never have.  I just hate those fizzy bubbles.  Looks like both of my kids agree with me.  Both tried fizzy drinks and about barfed.  

We trunk or treated at church.  It was fun to put all of our unicorn stuff on display and enjoy the beautiful day.  Kevin and I took turns doing stuff with the kids while the other one passed out candy.  


When you suddenly realize you're twinning with your mom and that's not cool.

Just kidding.  Olive said pictures are just better when you make silly faces :)

We went on a hayride.  Funny thing happened... a low branch snatched the unicorn horn right off my head!!  We had to swing back around and have someone reach out to save my horn from the tree.


Our backyard.

We had friends over to play and decorate cupcakes.

We picked up sticks, played outside and kept finding caterpillars everywhere.

Olive made this Halloween art... "It's me and you, Mom.  We're both witches on a polka-dot broom because we love polka-dots."

I planned a fun Halloween party for Olive's class and my friends really came through.  Aren't these pumpkin face cuties so cute!?!

Olive was SO HAPPY to have me at school with her and it was good to be back in the classroom for a couple of hours.  We both had the best time.  Her teacher was super appreciative and she told me later that her friends loved the party.  #momwin

We trick or treated on the 30th and the weather was gorgeous.  Short sleeves and no jackets for everyone.  The kids got tons of candy and it was fun to say hello to neighbors.  We ran into a bunch of kids from Olive's class so she was really excited to see friends.

Fletcher refused to have anything to do with a stroller this year.  Superman was super offended by that suggestion.  He walked most of the way and ate his weight in chocolate.

We carved one pumpkin on the 31st and got it done right before trick or treaters arrived thanks to Kevin's quick carving. 


That was a fun couple of weeks of Halloween memories!!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!


Linking up with My Glittery Heart

5 comments:

  1. So much Halloween fun! I love it! Too funny about your unicorn horn mishap - I guess there is a dangerous side to the unicorn life! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun stuff! Love the pumpkin cuties idea! Good job on the classroom party, too! Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved their flying photo, so cute! Still praying for you all! Looks like you made the most of Halloween week, love all the cute food ideas you always share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been having so much fun! Those cupcakes look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those superhero costumes are adorable and those cupcakes look yummy.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.