Thursday, January 19, 2012

Egg Tip

I enjoy having a hard boiled egg (minus the yolk) on my salad.
However, I've had trouble boiling an egg.
I know that sounds silly but I'd end up with the shell stuck to the egg,
overcooked, undercooked, etc.
I mentioned this problem to my mom 
and she said she puts the eggs on ice after they get done boiling.
That helped but I was still having trouble with it.
So I mentioned it to my sister and she said that her friend mentioned to her
that the best hard boiled eggs don't come from really fresh eggs.  
Try to boil some eggs that aren't brand new.
Here's my formula for boiling a tasty egg:
Fill pot with warm water that just covers the eggs.
Bring to a boil and then boil for 20-30 minutes.
I have to set a timer otherwise I forget about them.
Drain boiling water and cover eggs with ice.
Let cool and then refrigerate.
 A perfectly peeled, hard boiled egg :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them. I reply to your comments via email so make sure you aren't a "no-reply" blogger.
Smiles, Whitney