Friday, July 24, 2026

College Friend Trip Favorites

Happy Friday!  And Happy Anniversary Kev!  We have some simple fun plans for today to celebrate 22 years :)  More on that later.

Today I'm going to recap a fun girl's trip that I went on last weekend.  I headed out of town with some of my favorite friends from high school.  We coordinated all of our schedules, made plans for all of our kids to be taken care of and headed to our old stomping grounds of Indiana University.    We all went to high school together and then headed to IU together.  We have been talking about making this trip happen for a long time. 

The Union building behind us.  And a cute 83 year old professor took this picture for us.  He adored IU and was so happy to talk to us about it.


I brought the snacks - a snackle box of gummy candies, popcorn, cheese popcorn and chocolate dipped pretzels.

I also surprised the girls with IU themed goody bags.  The bags reminded me of the striped pants the basketball team wears so I thought they were perfect.  I added in a fun square scarf and a personalized bracelet.  The girls loved their gifts.  Be sure and scroll all the way to the end - you're never going to believe the gift that my friend Kelly surprised me with.




We shopped and all found some cute stuff.

We all have fond memories of the Olive Garden - especially the never ending pasta bowls for college kids.  So we grabbed lunch at Olive Garden.

More shopping.  More relaxing in our room.  Then we headed to a local favorite Mother Bears Pizza.

It was amazing.

We headed down town for dessert at the Chocolate Moose.  They have their own version of blizzards call a BLIZZ.  I ordered an Oreo Blizz with homemade chocolate ice cream.  I'll dream of this for a long time.

We stayed up way too late catching up and walked over to breakfast at Lincoln Square.

Everything was delicious.  Especially that homemade biscuit and strawberry jam.


We headed to campus to restock our IU gear.  Everything was so cute.  The merch was extra cute after the IU football team winning the National Title this year.

The I in IU.


The campus, old buildings, giant trees, etc. are all so pretty.




We were all so thankful to get away and relive our favorite college spots.

My favorite souvenir - a new back to school teacher bag!

WOW WOW WOW!!  Remember how I said we were so bummed to miss out on the striped Trader Joe's totes??  Well my friend Kelly found me one!  I was so surprised and have already carried it several times.  It's such a cute size and pattern.

I hope you have a great weekend!  Linking up with Momfessionals

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary to you and Kev!
    It sounds like you had a brilliant trip and such a good time with your friends. What a great gift the Trader Joe's tote was!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.