Thursday, October 22, 2015

Good Reads

I've gathered up some of my very favorite blog posts for you this month and am excited to share some new-to-you bloggers with you.  It was easy to come up with a list of good posts this month.  Hopefully you enjoy them as much as I did :)


The idea of the Gilmore Girls series being extended has taken the internet by storm this week.  I'm a HUGE fan and would LOVE LOVE LOVE for this to happen.  There are so many things I'd love to see resolved and get some closure on the whole Stars Hollow Fairy Tale.  I would love to see these 35 Questions We Want The Gilmore Girls Revival to Answer answered.

Put Yourself in Their Shoes was one of the funniest, clever posts I've read in a long time about life through the lens of toddlerhood.  It's definitely worth checking out and it will make you think of your child narrating their own day.

I am craving all things pumpkin and comforting this time of year.  I also seem to always have a fresh supply of overripe bananas needing attention.  This recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Banana Bread from Picky Palate sounds like the perfect way to address both of these issues.

I'm not known for being spontaneous, but I have been trying to say yes and slow down to enjoy the little moments with my people. So I really enjoyed Keri's reminder about enjoying all of the fun that happens in those unplanned moments with your family.

8 Small Things Happy Couples do Every Day reminds you of simple things you can do to stay connected and enjoy time with your spouse.

Do you start your day by drinking lemon water?  I've recently added it to my morning routine and loved reading Michelle's list of lemon water health benefits.

I have heard great things about overnight cinnamon rolls and am looking forward to trying this recipe from Your Homebased Mom.  I need to plan ahead and make this happen one evening.

I loved Whitney's reminders of all the benefits of making it a priority to Pray with Your Husband

I've always been intrigued by the idea of breakfast burritos, but have never made them before.  Christina makes them look so easy and delicious so I'm eager to give her recipe a try.  Who wouldn't like to have a homemade breakfast option frozen and waiting to be eaten every morning??

I enjoyed this post about jazzing up your reading routine to get your kids excited about reading from The Magnolia Mamas.


Have you read, written or seen anything great this month?
Leave me a link to it in the comments below :)

7 comments:

  1. I love these posts, Whitney! I check out all your links during my down time at work and it helps the day move along. Thank you so much for sharing these (and please don't tell my boss bahahaha). xo Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great links! THanks for sharing! I'm especially interested in the GG one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that article on the 8 things happy couples do every day! And overnight cinnamon rolls? Yes please! That would be a great recipe for Christmas morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm enjoying Keri's series about family and home so much! Thanks for sharing my post, too. :) <3

    http://comehomeforcomfort.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot even HANDLE my excitement over Gilmore Girls returning!!!! I just know that I'll watch the new episodes over and over again, like I do with the original series!

    Lauren :)
    ohheyilikethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm I am definitely going to be making that pumpkin chocolate chip bread!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for Gilmore girls. And that pumpkin bread and the overnight cinnamon rolls sound awesome. I can't get enough sweets these days (which is weird compared to just over a month ago!) - so all of those are must tries!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them. I reply to your comments via email so make sure you aren't a "no-reply" blogger.
Smiles, Whitney