Friday, March 27, 2015

Good Reads

I thought I'd share some of my favorite blog posts from around the internet with you today.  I read blogs via bloglovin and save my favorites from a few months to share with you.  

Really interesting and thought provoking article on precious parenting today by Jen Hatmaker.  She's hilarious and I always enjoy reading her stuff.

I loved these Creative Easter Egg Hunt Ideas to change things up a bit

My mouth watered when I read this recipe for No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Cream Pie

Genius parenting idea to let kids pack their own activity bags for church or for travel from Grace.  I can imagine that Olive would LOVE to do this when she gets a little older.

Kelly wrote a sweet post on how to teach your children to pray and ways to pray for them.  Katie wrote about a perfect way to teach your kids to pray for those near and dear to your family with prayer sticks

A sweet reminder Tugging in My Heart from Stephanie about the importance of slowing down and savoring moments with your children

Leah is spot on with her toddler app recommendations - the PBS app is a favorite at our house since Olive currently is president of the Daniel Tiger fan club.

I have always been skeptical of black bean brownies, but this recipe looks so tasty

I'd love to tackle some spray painting projects starting with hardware.  This tutorial from Amanda looks very doable with lovely results.

Emily's 10 House Rules made me think about what my own house rules would be

Olive and I read Henry Hodges Needs a Friend by Andy Andrews.
 It's an adorable story about a little boy named Henry who longs to have a best friend.  He talks with his parents about finding a friend and they decide to adopt a furry friend for their son.  They go on many adventures together and bring each other much joy.  The illustrations are charming and the story of their friendship is really relateable as all kids.  I'd highly recommend this book to you and think it would be an excellent addition to any family or classroom libraries.
*This book was gifted to us in exchange for an honest review of it.


Any favorite reads to share with me?
Leave me a link in the comments :)

3 comments:

  1. Loved that Jen Hatmaker article! And wish I could grab one of each of those darling bags Grace featured in her post. They are SO cute!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to read the different ideas for an Easter Egg Hunt! I'm so looking forward to one this year!! But those ideas are great for hunts as Elizabeth gets older. Especially the idea about assigned each child a color of egg.

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many tabs open right now to read all of these. I always enjoy your recommendations. We spray painted all of our doorknobs in our house with the same spray paint (there's a post somewhere) and without the primer. They've held up great and saved us lots of money in all new doorknobs. You don't realize how many you have until you start taking them all off. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them. I reply to your comments via email so make sure you aren't a "no-reply" blogger.
Smiles, Whitney